Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blog Post # 6

I enjyed watching The Network Student.  This video gave some very helpful information for 21st Century Teachers.  I enjoyed the part when the character said "It never hurts to ask."  This is a very true statement.  I also thought that it was good that the video named ways that teachers can help students build their personal network.  Building your personal network is very important not just for friendship but also for employment.  This video is an excellent source for 21st Century Teachers.

                                                         View Image


A 7th Grader's PLE was a fabulous video! On her PLE, she visits her science agenda to see what she is assigned to do for class, does research by finding websites, posts her report to her blog, keeps clips of small text or pictures from websites and creates glosters.  It is so amazing to see how much she can do with her PLE. I think that the gloster was very cool.  It is such a wonder to see how much you can do with technology.  Her PLE and my PLN are both used for educational purposes.  My PLN is helping me to become more technologically literate.                                               
View Image


Angie feels the opposite of what Micheal thinks about SMART Boards.  In "Why Smartboards are a Dumb Initiative," Micheal argues reasons why he dislikes SMART Boards.   Angie gave a lot of good reasons why teachers should invest in SMART Board on her blog entitled "SMART Board Integration."  I think that SMART Board is a wonderful thing to have.  I got a chance to use SMART Board in Dr. Bagget's class.  I learned a lot from using it, and I also had a lot of fun! 
http://abunday-smartboard.blogspot.com/

                                                            View Image

1 comment:

  1. Sheena,

    I agree that the networked student and the PLE video provide excellent information for the viewers. I also like the comment, "It never hurts to ask" because I love asking questions. Before I ask the question, I do like to research and try to figure it out on my own, but I never hesitate to ask a question. Dr. Strange has told me that I hold the record for asking the most questions, and I must admit I am very proud of this accomplishment. I love that your PLN is helping you become more technologically literate, and I hope to choose to incorporate PLNs into your own classroom.

    ReplyDelete